Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring is Goooood!




The evening ended in picturesque calmness at San Carlos Beach

The wind blew up some fun bumps today, and the wind cordially backed off just before Mike Roberts and I paddled, around 5 pm. That left plenty of windswell, but made for an easy upswell paddle.

It's great to train with Mike Roberts (AKA "M3"). He's made some good suggestions. We keep each other motivated. We keep it fun. What more could I ask?

It was also good conditions for learning to knee-paddle downwind. Just enough challenge for my still early-development stage.

But as seemingly tame as it was, there were some good rides to be had. My GPS reported that I topped out at 12.0 miles per hour. Dropping in and going like that is a memory that will keep me coming back.

Two surfski paddlers going upswell hooted us on. Turns out M3 knows them. They must have hooked the buoy at Pt. Pinos because we didn't see them until we got back to shore. Then they went flying by.

Spring is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment